Links to Local Attractions
Below are some links we hope you will find helpful as you plan your trip to Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast and Cottages in Luray. We are centrally located and in close proximity to the local restaurants, shops, area attractions and activities. Use Piney Hill B&B as your home base as you explore the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia through the 4 seasons.
Click on tab name to view information and links.
See how the Luray restaurants rate on Trip Advisor.
LOCAL RESTAURANTS & DINERS:
The restaurants below are located 30-45 minutes from the Luray area. Many are near the area wineries.
- Osteria 510: Front Royal
- Element: Front Royal
- Spelunkers: Front Royal
- Sal’s Italian Bistro: Edinburg
- Ciro’s Italian Eatery: Elkton
- El Paso Mexican Grille: Elkton
- Three Blacksmiths: Sperryville
- Griffin Tavern & Restaurant: Flint Hill
- The Blue Door Kitchen: Flint Hill
- 24 Crows: Flint Hill
- Inn at Little Washington: Washington, VA
- Local Chop & Grill House: Harrisonburg
- Joshua Wilton House: Harrisonburg
- Cuban Burger: Harrisonburg
- Bella Luna Wood Fired Pizza: Harrisonburg
Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast is located within 10 to 45 minutes of the wineries, brew houses & distilleries listed below.
- Blue Ridge Whisky Wine Loop
- VA is for Wine Lovers
- Blue Ridge Wineway
- Wisteria Vineyard 10 minutes from the B&B
- DuCard Vineyards
- Rappahannock Cellars
- Linden Vineyards
- Shenandoah Vineyards
- Cave Ridge Vineyards
- Gadino Cellars
- Horton Vineyards
- Hawksbill Brewing Company
- Hopkins Ordinary Ale Works
- Pen Druid Brewery
- Shenandoah Beerwerks Trail
- Front Royal Brewing Company
- Woodstock Brew House
- Brothers Craft Brewing
- Shenandoah National Park: Entrance to the Park is approx. 20 minutes from Piney Hill. Plan your hike; we are closest to the”Central District”. Click links to view and print your Hiking Trail Maps. Ranger Programs, Old Rag Hike, White Oak Canyon Hike
- Shenandoah River State Park: Enjoy biking, zip lining and nature walks.
- Shenandoah River Outfitters-Canoe, Kayak & Tube Rental
- Shenandoah River Adventures-Canoe, Kayak & Tube Rental
- Appalachian Adventures – ATV RENTALS
- Bear Mountain Ziplines
- Virginia Canopy Tours
- Massanutten Ski Resort
- Bryce Ski Resort
- Lake Arrowhead– Swimming, Fishing, Picnic Areas
- Page Valley Fly Fishing
- Caverns Country Club — (540) 743-7111
- Shenvalee Golf Resort
- Massanutten Mountain Trails: Approximately 15 minutes from Piney Hill.
- Kennedy Peak Trail; Massanutten Mountain
- Hawksbill Greenway: Walking, Biking
- Page Valley Aviation-scenic flights
- Birdsong Pleasure Garden
- The Old Country Barn Antique Gift Shop – located at Piney Hill B & B
- Shenandoah Moon
- Hawksbill Trading Company
- Art Warehouse
- Virginia Gift Shop
- Courthouse Antiques
- Appalachian Outdoor Adventures
- River & Peak Outfitter Front Royal, VA
- Country Road Antiques/Gifts – New Market, VA
- Shenandoah Valley Flea Market – New Market, VA
- Copper Fox Antique Mall Sperryville, VA
- The Shoppes at Mauzy — Mauzy, VA
- The Shops at Ginger Hill Antiques – Washington, VA
Planning your outdoor activities for an upcoming stay? You can check current weather conditions for the Luray, VA area HERE.
- Khimaira Farms
- Shenandoah Woods
- Faithbrook Barn & Vineyards
- Stover Hall
- Brenwood Lake Weddings
- Performing Arts Luray
- Shenandoah National Park
- The Mimslyn Inn
- Warehouse Art Gallery
We hope you will consider one of our luxury cottage rentals or main house guest rooms for your honeymoon getaway as well as a lodging option for your wedding party and guests. View Our Honeymoon Package Here
Note: Piney Hill does not host weddings or receptions at our location.
Obtain a marriage license through any Virginia Circuit Court; the Virginia location of your nuptials is irrelevant to the licensing. In Page County, the Clerk of Circuit Courts is located at: 5 South Court Street, Luray, VA Phone: 540-743-4064
- Green Valley Book Fair: discount book outlet store featuring over 500,000 new books at incredible bargain prices.
- Page County Heritage Festival in Luray, VA: held each October during the Columbus Day weekend
- Elkton, VA Fall Festival (Oct.): Apple butter making, arts and crafts, music and ntertainment, pony and hay rides, food, big yard sale.
- Festival of Spring: Annual spring festival Mother’s Day Saturday on Main Street in Luray
- 4th of July Fun Fest: Sunday, July 4 along the Hawksbill Greenway, fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
- Stanley’s Homecoming: (June 30 – July 3) Enjoy music, carnival, beauty contest, parade and fireworks in the town of Stanley; adjacent to Luray.
- Doah Fest: Unplug and Connect. A four day celebration of music, art, nature, love and all the positivity that exists in this world.
Need some flowers for that someone special? Contact our friends at: Vivian’s Flower Shop 47 W Main St Luray, VA 22835 (540) 743-5420