Links to Local Attractions
Below are some links we hope you will find helpful as you plan your trip to Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast. We are centrally located and in close proximity to all area attractions. Use Piney Hill B&B as your home base as you explore the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia through the 4 seasons. Enjoy the slide show of many of our local attractions and things to do.
Click on tab name to view information and links.
See how the Luray restaurants rate on Trip Advisor.
LOCAL RESTAURANTS & DINERS:
- West Main Market
- Gathering Grounds; Dinner specials: Fri/Sat
- Circa 31
- The Speakeasy
- Rancho Viejo Mexican Grill – MENU
- Moon Shadows Restaurant
- Gennaro’s Italian Restaurant
- Babymoons (Seasonal)
- Triple Crown BBQ (Seasonal)
- Uncle Bucks
- Hawksbill Diner
- Dan’s Steakhouse
- Pollack Dining Room at Skyland Lodge
The restaurants below are located 30-45 minutes from the Luray area. Many are near the area wineries.
- Joe’s Steakhouse: Front Royal
- Osteria 510: Front Royal
- Element: Front Royal
- Sal’s Italian Bistro: Edinburg
- Ciro’s Italian Eatery: Elkton
- El Paso Mexican Grille: Elkton
- Thorton River Grille: Sperryville
- Griffin Tavern & Restaurant: Flint Hill
- 24 Crows: Flint Hill
- Inn at Little Washington: Washington, VA
- Local Chop & Grill House: Harrisonburg, VA
- Joshua Wilton House: Harrisonburg, VA
Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast is located within 10 to 45 minutes of the wineries, brew houses & distilleries listed below.
- Blue Ridge Whisky Wine Loop
- VA is for Wine Lovers
- Blue Ridge Wineway
- Wisteria Vineyard 10 minutes from the B&B
- DuCard Vineyards
- Rappahannock Cellars
- Linden Vineyards
- Shenandoah Vineyards
- Cave Ridge Vineyards
- Gadino Cellars
- Horton Vineyards
- Shenandoah National Park: Entrance to the Park is approx. 20 minutes from Piney Hill. Plan your hike; we are closest to the “Central District”. Click links to view and print your Hiking Trail Maps. Ranger Programs, Old Rag Hike, White Oak Canyon Hike
- Shenandoah River State Park: Enjoy biking, zip lining and nature walks.
- Shenandoah River Outfitters-Canoe, Kayak & Tube Rental
- Shenandoah River Adventures-Canoe, Kayak & Tube Rental
- Appalachian Adventures – ATV RENTALS
- Bear Mountain Ziplines
- Virginia Canopy Tours
- Massanutten Ski Resort
- Bryce Ski Resort
- Lake Arrowhead– Swimming, Fishing, Picnic Areas
- Page Valley Fly Fishing
- Caverns Country Club — (540) 743-7111
- Shenvalee Golf Resort
- Massanutten Mountain Trails: Approximately 15 minutes from Piney Hill.
- Kennedy Peak Trail; Massanutten Mountain
- Hawksbill Greenway: Walking, Biking
- Page Valley Aviation-scenic flights
- Birdsong Pleasure Garden
- Khimaira Farms
- Shenandoah Woods
- Faithbrook Barn & Vineyards
- Stover Hall
- Performing Arts Luray
- Shenandoah National Park
- The Mimslyn Inn
- Warehouse Art Gallery
Note: Piney Hill is not a wedding or reception venue. We do not host any weddings or receptions.
We hope you will consider one of Piney Hill B&B’s luxury cottage rentals in a private, romantic setting or guest rooms in the main house for your honeymoon as well as a lodging option for your wedding party and guests.
Looking for a less expensive option? Consider getting married by the Justice of the Peace in Luray, VA. You can also use a local officiant that can perform a ceremony for just you and your significant other on property. Spend quality time, making memories and exploring the Shenandoah Valley in Luray, Virginia with your new life partner.
- Page County Court House
- Ask about a local officiant for your private ceremony for 2.
- The Old Country Barn Antique Gift Shop – located at Piney Hill B & B
- Shenandoah Moon
- Hawksbill Trading Company
- Art Warehouse
- Virginia Gift Shop
- Courthouse Antiques
- Appalachian Outdoor Adventures
- River & Peak Outfitter Front Royal, VA
- Country Road Antiques/Gifts – New Market, VA
- Shenandoah Valley Flea Market – New Market, VA
- Copper Fox Antique Mall Sperryville, VA
- The Shoppes at Mauzy — Mauzy, VA
- The Shops at Ginger Hill Antiques – Washington, VA
- Green Valley Book Fair: discount book outlet store featuring over 500,000 new books at incredible bargain prices.
- Page County Heritage Festival in Luray, VA: held each October during the Columbus Day weekend
- Elkton, VA Fall Festival (Oct.): Apple butter making, arts and crafts, music and ntertainment, pony and hay rides, food, big yard sale.
- Festival of Spring: Annual spring festival Mother’s Day Saturday on Main Street in Luray
- 4th of July Fun Fest: Sunday, July 4 along the Hawksbill Greenway, fireworks at 9:30 p.m.
- Stanley’s Homecoming: (June 30 – July 3) Enjoy music, carnival, beauty contest, parade and fireworks in the town of Stanley; adjacent to Luray.
- Doah Fest: Unplug and Connect. A four day celebration of music, art, nature, love and all the positivity that exists in this world.
Need some flowers for that someone special?
Contact our friends at:
Vivian’s Flower Shop
47 W Main St
Luray, VA 22835
Planning your outdoor activities for an upcoming stay?
You can check current weather conditions for the Luray, VA area HERE.