Following Virginia Governor, Ralph Northam Phase 1 plan to reopen VA we will officially open our doors to guests on Friday, May 15, 2020 unless directed otherwise.
During this time it is important to know that Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast and Cottages is a City of Luray licensed and Page County health inspected establishment, and assures the highest standards of cleanliness, safety and food preparation for our guests. As your Innkeepers and Operators, Hank and I are also personally taking additional precautions to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 pathogens.
The following are just some of the key steps that we have taken to adapt our practices to excel at all CDC guidelines.
- A maximum of 8 guests on the property at one time will help further limit the risk of exposure since there are no crowds.
- Cottages: 2 people per cottage maximum.
- Main House: 4 people/2 guest room maximum.
- We have always welcomed our guests with a hand shake or hug; we will temporarily refrain from this practice and ask our guests for the same.
- Protective Masks will be required on the property at all times when outside your cottage or room.
- We offer to all our guests a self check-in and self check out
- We will offer our outdoor fire pit while continuing to practice social distancing.
We are taking these preventative measures to assure your health and safety:
- Breakfasts will be prepared safely each morning.
- Cottage guests will have their breakfast delivered; placing their picnic basket with a hot breakfast on the screen porch of their cottage each morning.
- House guests will be served at our 10 foot long farm table each morning in the main dining room, which meets the six-foot rule for social distancing guidelines.
- Condiments like salt, pepper, sugar, etc. will be individually wrapped to avoid handling bottles.
- We will wear protective gloves in preparation, serving and cleaning and wash hands as recommended.
- Even though we complete a thorough cleaning of all rooms, we have temporarily removed all comforters and decorative pillows. This allows us to use 3 sheets when making the bed thus ensuring that we can wash all linen in the room between each departure.
- We continue to disinfect guest rooms and bathrooms, to include light switches, doorknobs, TV remotes, clocks, and all hard surfaces. This also applies to our main Inn where we constantly are cleaning and disinfecting all hard surfaces, handrails, doorknobs, and light switches.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in common areas and in guest bathrooms; if available. Please bring your supply from home to use for yourself should we be limited.
Special COVID 19 Cancellation Policy:
- We encourage guests to stay home if you feel unwell or believe you may have been in any of the areas where you could possibly have been exposed to the Coronavirus.
- If you are sick or concerned about being exposed to the virus, please e-mail us at email@example.com to cancel your reservation. Please kindly give us 72 hours of advance notice.
- You will also be offered the option to reschedule at a later time if you’d like.
We appreciate your understanding and consideration during these times and look forwards to you enjoying a relaxing safe stay at Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast and Cottages.