Coronavirus Precaution Statement
Our Proactive Response to Coronavirus: Social Distancing, Safety Procedures, Sanitizing Practices & Emergency Policy at Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast and Cottages in Luray VA in the Shenandoah Valley.
During this time it is important to know that Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast and Cottages is a Town of Luray licensed and Page County health inspected establishment, and assures the highest standards of cleanliness, safety and food preparation for our guests. As your Innkeepers and Operators, Hank and I are also personally taking additional precautions to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 pathogens.
Your Innkeepers; Hank & Wiley are fully vaccinated, receiving our last shot in early March 2021. We are seeing more and more guests that are either fully vaccinated and past their 2 week window or very close to the finish line. With everyone now having the opportunity to get vaccinated we should be past this pandemic sooner than later. We love seeing the progress!
Governor Northam has lifted Virginia’s universal indoor mask mandate to align with new guidance from the CDC . The following are just some of the key steps that we have taken to adapt our practices to excel at all CDC guidelines.
- A maximum of 10 guests on the property with social distancing procedures.
- Cottages: 2 people per cottage maximum.
- Main House: 6 people/2 guest per room maximum.
- Protective Masks are not required at check-in and during guest/proprietor interactions if you are fully vaccinated. Those that are not vaccinated should continue to wear their protective mask until they are.
- Cottages have key-less entry; a code will be provided at check-in. We meet our cottage guests in the parking area, providing a letter of instructions which also includes additional information on the area. There will be a map of the area placed on the table in the cottage with a book of menus to area restaurants. At that time we’ll take payment; either cash or credit. If credit we’ll run the card and get a signature while you unload your bags. We will be available afterwards via text should you have any additional questions.
- If you book a cottage and prefer “0” contact we can run your credit card in advance of your stay. You can make that request in the “message to innkeeper” field when you make your online reservation or text/email us at least 24 hour prior to stay.
We are taking these preventative measures to assure your health and safety:
- Breakfasts will be prepared safely each morning.
- Cottage guests will have their breakfast delivered in a picnic basket and placed on the screen porch of their cottage each morning.
- Two House guests couples will be served at each end of our 10 foot long farm table each morning in the main dining room. The 3rd couple will be seated at a cozy round table in the living room area.
- We will clean and wash hands regularly during food preparation and serving, as recommended.
- We continue to sanitize, clean & disinfect cottages, guest rooms and bathrooms, to include light switches, doorknobs, TV remotes, clocks, and all hard surfaces. This also applies to our main Inn where we constantly are cleaning and disinfecting all hard surfaces, handrails, doorknobs, and light switches.
- Hand sanitizer and surface cleaner will be available in common areas and in guest bathrooms. We would recommend you also bring your sanitizer from home to use for yourself, should we be limited.
Special COVID 19 Policy:
- Guests displaying obvious COVID 19 symptoms of sickness, or who have been diagnosed with active COVID 19 or any other contagious disease should stay home, please contact us as soon as possible at email@example.com
- Cancellations 7 or more days from arrival can either cancel or reschedule their stay.
- Cancellations 1-6 days from arrival due to the above conditions will be responsible for their stay unless we can rebook.
We appreciate your understanding and consideration during these times and look forwards to you enjoying a relaxing safe stay at Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast and Cottages.
Check availability and make a reservation below. You will also have the option to add a package; if you’d like.