Coronavirus Precaution Statement
Our Proactive Response to Coronavirus: Social Distancing, Safety Procedures, Sanitizing Practices & Emergency Policy at Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast and Cottages in Luray VA in the Shenandoah Valley.
During this time it is important to know that Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast and Cottages is a Town of Luray licensed and Page County health inspected establishment, and assures the highest standards of cleanliness, safety and food preparation for our guests. As your Innkeepers and Operators, Hank and I are also personally taking additional precautions to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19 pathogens.
Luray, VA is currently in Phase 3 of re-opening. The following are just some of the key steps that we have taken to adapt our practices to excel at all CDC guidelines.
- A maximum of 10 guests on the property with social distancing procedures.
- Cottages: 2 people per cottage maximum.
- Main House: 6 people/2 guest room maximum.
- We have always welcomed our guests with a hand shake or hug; we will temporarily refrain from this practice and ask our guests for the same.
- We will promote social spacing by maintaining 6 feet or more physical separation between all guests and proprietors.
- Protective Masks are required at check-in and during guest/proprietor interactions when 6 feel separation is not possible.
- Cottages have key-less entry; a code will be provided at check-in. We meet our cottage guests in the parking area with a mask, providing a letter of instructions which also includes additional information on the area. There will be a map of the area placed on the table in the cottage we a book of menus to area restaurants. At that time we’ll take payment; either cash or credit. If credit we’ll run the card and get a signature while you unload your bags.
We will be available afterwards via text should you have any additional questions.
- If you book a cottage and prefer “0” contact we can run your credit card in advance of your stay and leave your note of instruction on the front door of your cottage. You can also make that request in the “message to innkeeper” field when you make your online reservation or text/email us at least 24 hour prior to stay.
We are taking these preventative measures to assure your health and safety:
- Breakfasts will be prepared safely each morning.
- Cottage guests will have their breakfast delivered in a picnic basket and placed on the screen porch of their cottage each morning.
- House guests will be served at our 10 foot long farm table each morning in the main dining room. We will place your breakfast at your place seating and then call you in. If we have more than 1 couple in the house we will bring one couple in at a time. Social distancing and safety guidelines will be practiced.
- We will clean and wash hands regularly during food preparation and serving, as recommended.
- We continue to sanitize, clean & disinfect cottages, guest rooms and bathrooms, to include light switches, doorknobs, TV remotes, clocks, and all hard surfaces. This also applies to our main Inn where we constantly are cleaning and disinfecting all hard surfaces, handrails, doorknobs, and light switches.
- Hand sanitizer and surface cleaner will be available in common areas and in guest bathrooms. We would recommend you also bring your sanitizer from home to use for yourself, should we be limited.
Special COVID 19 Policy:
- Guests displaying obvious symptoms of sickness, or who have been diagnosed with active COVID 19 or any other contagious disease, should contact us as soon as possible in advance of their date of reservation to reschedule or cancel. Please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org Please kindly give us 72 hours advance notice.
- Cancellations less than 3 days from arrival due to the above conditions will receive a gift certificate credit of 75% of their booked stay towards a future visit within 6 months.
- We encourage guests to stay home if you feel unwell or believe you may have been in any of the areas where you could possibly have been exposed to the Coronavirus.
- You will also be offered the option to reschedule at a later time if you’d like.
We appreciate your understanding and consideration during these times and look forwards to you enjoying a relaxing safe stay at Piney Hill Bed & Breakfast and Cottages.
Check availability and make a reservation below. You will also have the option to add a package; if you’d like.